St. John the Baptist Parish issues storm information: Alert #5
Saturday, July 13, 2019
- Tropical Storm Barry is moving inland and heavy rainfall of 10-15 inches possible, flash flood and strong gusty winds remain the primary threat
- State of Emergency, Tropical Storm Warning, and Storm Surge Warning in Effect
- Storm surge amounts up to 1 to 3 feet are possible
- Strong winds and heavy rainfall of 10-15 inches possible
- Please pick up tree limbs and branches in yards and roadways scattered due to high winds so it does not
- Currently a voluntary evacuation is in effect for Pleasure Bend, Frenier Landing, Akers, Peavine Road and low-lying areas that generally have issues with flooding during heavy rain events.
- Please shelter in place and do not attempt to get on roadways during inclement weather.
- Old US 51 Low Road is closed from the I-55 on/off ramps to Ruddock due to high water
- High water on Peavine Road.
- Intersection of Bamboo Road & Indigo Pkwy (near Lake Pontchartrain Elementary).
- Railroad Avenue Fire Station (near Riverside Academy).
- Ezekiel Jackson Park in Garyville
- Westbank Complex
- 385 power outages Parishwide
- Dial 1-800-9OUTAGE to report power outages and also download the Entergy App to receive up to date outage information.