Louisiana Legislative Black Caucus swears in new leadership
Published 6:44 am Wednesday, February 2, 2022
Baton Rouge, LA – The Louisiana Legislative Black Caucus Executive Board held a swearing in ceremony for the caucus’ newly elected leadership Tuesday, February 1, 2022.
The elected officers are as follows:
- Chairman, Rep. Vincent J. Pierre
- Vice Chairman, Rep. Candace N. Newell
- First Vice Chairman, Rep. Kyle Green
- Secretary, Rep. Denise Marcelle
- Treasurer, Sen. Regina Barrow
- Senate Whip, Sen. Katrina R. Jackson
- Sergeant-at-Arms, Patricia “Pat” Moore
- Parliamentarian, Rep. Rodney Lyons
- Chaplain, Rep. Jason Hughes
- Special Advisor to the Executive Board, Sen. Edward “Ed” Price
Established in 1977, the primary purpose of the Louisiana Legislative Black Caucus is to raise the quality of life for those underrepresented, the indigent, and working people through legislation, education, and economic development.