Caring Strategies ends summer with splash park social; fall events planned
Published 11:42 am Wednesday, August 23, 2023
DESTREHAN — Caring Strategies wrapped up a fun-filled summer with a Back-to-School Social this past weekend at the Ormond Spray Park in Destrehan. Children enjoyed cooling off on a hot summer day with water activities and snowballs.
Other recent events have included a mini summer camp with sensory activities, a messy play event at the library, and a weeklong garden camp that combined science, math, art, and reading with the joy of tasting and cooking.
Based in St. Charles Parish, Caring Strategies provides learning opportunities for children with and without disabilities. The nonprofit provides strategies for creation of educational programs and environments that facilitate children’s active engagement and learning at home, in schools, and throughout the community.
Community events provide children ages 0-6 and 6-10 opportunities to explore the world through hands-on activities. Caring Strategies also offers books, activity packs and online parent coaching for strategies and questions about developmental milestones using evidence-based interventions.
The following educational events are planned for the fall season:
- August 28 – Parent Workshop/ Back-to-school tips. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- September 11-15 – Sensory Strategies Community Support One-on-Ones
- September 29 – Sensory Playgroup/ St. Charles Parish Schools
- October 18 – Parent Workshop
- October 21 – Monster Mash Event/ St. Charles Parish Library (Registration will open in September)
- November 4 – Baby Grand Event
- November 10 – Sensory Play
- November 20-21 – Sensory Mini Camp
- December 2 – Sensory Santa Event/ Small World Daycare in Destrehan – Registration will open in November
- December 11-19 – Sensory Strategies Appointments/Assessments
For more information, visit caringstrategies.net.