UPDATE: LA 20 Bayou Chevreuil Bridge Detour Bridge Single Lane Closures, St. James/Lafourche Parish
Published 4:09 pm Monday, December 19, 2022
**The below lane closure is reschedule for 12/21/22. **
State Project H.009481 LA 20 Bayou Chevreuil Bridge: The project is 0.441 miles long and the type of work is clearing and grubbing, removal of bridge, grading, drainage structures, milling asphalt concrete, pavement patching, class II base course, asphalt concrete pavement, precast concrete piles, precast prestressed concrete girder span bridge, and related work at a cost of $11,690,767.39.
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development advises motorists of single lane closures on LA 20 as outlined below.
- Route Name: LA 20 at Bayou Chevreuil Bridge
- Start Date: Wednesday, December 21, 2022 at 8:00 AM
- End Date: Wednesday, December 21, 2022 at 3:00 PM (Weather Permitting)
- Closure Type: Roadwork
- Closure Reason: Road Construction
- Closure Category: Alternating Lane Closures
- Restrictions: No permit or oversized loads greater than 12’ feet wide will be able to pass. These loads should contact the DOTD permit office for a new route.
Flaggers will be onsite in order to facilitate/direct traffic through the work zone. These alternating lane closures are necessary in order for crews to pave the temporary bridge approaches. DOTD appreciates your patience and reminds you to please drive with caution through the work zone and be on the lookout for work crews and their equipment.