“This week is a great time to get prepared – develop a plan, check insurance, and assemble supplies,” added Attorney General Landry who also urged residents to:
- Become familiar with evacuation routes, as well as shelter locations.
- Keep important documents together in a safe place. Consider saving digital copies on a password protected USB flash drive.
- Review insurance policies and make sure you have enough coverage.
- Stock up on necessary supplies and keep in mind each family member’s specific needs, including the needs of pets.
- Develop a communications plan with family members for when power is lost. Remember that texting may be more reliable and faster than phone calls during storms.