Winn-Dixie celebrates newly remodeled Destrehan store with giveaways
Published 3:03 pm Friday, March 18, 2022
DESTREHAN — Winn-Dixie officially unveiled the newly remodeled Destrehan Winn-Dixie store to the local community on Wednesday, March 16 with a ribbon cutting ceremony at 12519 Airline Highway. In celebration of the new store and to support an organization that promotes the health, safety and welfare of its community, Winn-Dixie presented a $1,000 donation to Ormond Civic Association during the ceremony.
Over the past year, Winn-Dixie gathered feedback directly from local customers and associates to transform the Destrehan store into a shopping destination that is both convenient and beautiful for the local community. The refreshed store now offers an updated produce department with organic varieties, expanded deli department with a wide assortment of easy lunch and dinner options, an updated pharmacy and additional offerings, all at the right price.
To celebrate the new and improved store with the local community, Winn-Dixie will host a community celebration with live entertainment and giveaways. On Saturday, March 19 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., there will be raffles for a $100 gift card every 30 minutes, and a special drawing at 2 p.m. for a chance to win a crawfish boiler. The community celebration is free and open to all.
With fresh concepts and features, the new and improved Destrehan Winn-Dixie now includes:
- New façade signage and a fresh, contemporary color palate and modern store signage inside.
- Newly updated produce department featuring an expanded selection of fresh fruits and vegetables, including organic varieties.
- New deli with expanded offerings for easy lunch and dinner options including a salad bar, self-serve hot food with options varying daily, wing bar with several flavor varieties, a hot bar with rotisserie chicken, as well as prepared sandwiches and salads.
- Fresh made sushi made, another delicious and easy meal option for lunch and dinner.
- Updated full-service seafood department offering shoppers a variety of fresh seafood on ice, additional frozen seafood assortments, as well as the “Seafood Made Easy” option where customers can choose the type of seafood, vegetables and seasoning to be packaged together for easy preparation at home.
- Refreshed meat department offering a wide selection of fresh meats including premium angus beef selections.
- Expanded bakery department with self-service doughnut and bread selections made fresh daily.
- Expanded natural and organic selection with new products across the store.
- Updated health and beauty section with expanded offerings.
- An in-store pharmacy with expert pharmacists available to answer any questions regarding health and prescriptions and a new consultation room for comfortable, private immunizations, including the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Improved wine, beer and liquor section.
- Updated floral department to help customers find the perfect bouquet for any occasion.
- Expanded grocery selection with additional products and assortments.
- A continued commitment to fresh quality and outstanding service.
The new and improved Destrehan store is open seven days a week from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.