LiHEAP program provides assistance with energy bills
Published 12:01 am Saturday, January 29, 2022
LAPLACE — The Department of Health and Human Services is helping St. John the Baptist residents pay for Entergy bills through the Low-Income Entergy Assistance Program, also known as LIHEAP.
All applicants must demonstrate permanent residence in St. John Parish, provide outlined benefits below and meet the following income guidelines identified by the state. LIHEAP Non-Crisis Service Funds are limited. Please call 985-536-4955 on February 8 to apply.
Outlined Benefits Required:
- Income for one month or four consecutive check stubs
- Utility bill (heating/cooling)
- Social Security cards for everyone living in the household
- SNAP recipients must present household electronic notice from Department of Children and Family Services
- Self-employed applicants must provide recent Federal Income Tax return and attached schedules
- Termination records: If applicant is recently terminated or laid off
- ID Picture / Driver’s License – If an individual’s ID doesn’t match their energy service location address, he or she must submit another utility bill and another bill including lease agreement or rent receipt to show vulnerability.
Income guidelines are dependent upon household size as follows:
Size of Household – Monthly Income
1 – $2,126
2 – $2,780
3 – $3,435
4 – $4,089
5 – $4,743
6 – $5,397
7 – $5,520
8 – $5,643
9 – $5,765
10 – $5,888