Hurricane Ida recovery update – October 5
Published 5:50 pm Tuesday, October 5, 2021
LAPLACE — St. John the Baptist Parish issued the following Hurricane Ida recovery updates for Tuesday, October 5.
Louisiana Hurricane Ida Sheltering Program:
· The Governor recently announced that registration is now open for the Louisiana Hurricane Ida Sheltering Program, which will provide temporary housing to people in heavily impacted parishes where other sheltering options are currently unavailable.
· For more information or to register for the program, visit idashelteringla.com or call (844) 268-0301.
- To date, more than 480,000 cubic yards of debris has been collected in St. John.
- Please be assured that if a resident is currently gutting their home, debris crews are making multiple passes and debris monitors continuously going through neighborhoods to determine where debris remains.
- Metro is working to return to regularly scheduled routes.
- 100 customers or 0.52% currently without power in St. John.
- Please report any power outages to 1-800-ENTERGY.
- To date, over 18,000 FEMA registrations in St. John.
- FEMA Disaster recovery centers are open daily including weekends from 9 am to 6 pm at Garyville Library Parking Lot – 111 Historic Front, Garyville and Edgard Library Parking Lot – 2979 Hwy 18, Edgard
- DisasterAssistance.gov or 800-621-3362
- To date, over 500 blue roofs have been installed in St. John. The deadline to apply for a blue roof is October 15 at Blueroof.us or call 888-766-3258
Businesses Recovery Center
· Small Business Administration (SBA) Business Recovery Center is open in LaPlace on Mondays – Wednesdays, 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
· Located at River Region Chamber of Commerce – 390 Belle Terre Blvd., LaPlace
Mobile Workforce/ Disaster Unemployment
- The Mobile Workforce Center will be REGALA Park, 194 REGALA Park Rd., in Reserve, today October 5, & on October 11 from 9am-6pm helping residents apply for disaster unemployment assistance.
- The application deadline for Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) has been extended through Nov. 2, 2021: http://ow.ly/AfoZ50GePCV
Aerial Mosquito Spraying
· The aerial applications may begin at approximately 7:00pm and continue until about 1:00 am, weather permitting. The aerial application may occur Tuesday, October 5th through Sunday, October 10th weather permitting. If a delay occurs, it will be finished on a subsequent day that is favorable for treatment.
DSNAP Opens for St. John Residents:
· Residents can call the LAHelpU Customer Service Center, 1-888-524-3578, to apply and be interviewed for DSNAP according with the first letter of their last name between 7:30am- 6pm.
Today, Tuesday, October 5 – G-M
Wednesday, October 6 – N-S
Thursday, October 7 – T-Z
Friday, October 8 – A-Z
Saturday, October 9 – A-Z