LAPLACE — Entergy Louisiana reported on Friday, Sept. 10 that 71% of customers remain without power in St. John the Baptist Parish.
The following sections of St. John Parish have been energized:
– Commercial customers on West 10th Street in Reserve
– Central Street in Reserve
– Airline Highway from St. Charles/St. John Parish Line to Highway 51
– Highway 51 from Airline Highway to Total Choice Credit Union
– Ochsner Medical Center
– Airline Highway from Marathon to Percy Hebert Road
Today, Entergy Louisiana announced plans to restore The National Guard Armory, East St. John High School and St. John Parish buildings.
Crews are working in the following areas:
– The West Bank of St. John Parish from the St. Charles/St. John Parish line going towards Edgard
– The Veterans Memorial Bridge in Wallace working towards Edgard
– Central St. on River Road in Reserve going towards Dupont
– Dupont on River Road going towards Central St.
– W. Fifth St from Main St. going towards Hemlock St.
While not all customers will come on at the same time, linemen are working to safely bring everyone back to the electrical grid. Entergy expects to have most customers restored by September 17 in St. John Parish.
St. James Parish also has an estimated restoration date of Sept. 17. As of Friday, 42% of customers remained without power in St. James. Power has been restored to St. James High School, water treatment plants in Lutcher and Gramercy, Lutcher Sr. Citizens home, Miranda Aluminum, Louisiana Sugar Refinery and River Road from Veterans bridge to VNM Motors. St. James Parish Hospital was also restored.
St. Charles Parish has an estimated restoration date of Sept. 29. As of Friday, 95% of customers in St. Charles Parish remained without power. The Luling Substation has been energized, and Entergy has met with St. Charles Parish Wastewater team to identify priority sewer management facilities for restoration focus.
Entergy has set up Customer Information Center to provide answers to specific restoration questions.
- St. John Parish on the West Bank, at Juan Anthony Memorial Park 3445 Hwy. 18 Edgard
- St. John Parish on theEast Bank: Walmart, 1616 W. Airline Hwy. LaPlace
- St. James Parish at the Westbank Fire Training Center, 29126 Health Unit Dr., Vacherie
- St. Charles Parish West Bank, Wal-Mart, 13001 US 90 Boutte
- St. Charles Parish East Bank, Winn Dixie, 12519 East Airline Hwy Suite A, Destrehan