St. John Parish updates community on disaster assistance
LAPLACE — St. John the Baptist Parish issued the following updates on Hurricane Ida recovery Tuesday afternoon:
– Communication has been extremely difficult and still very limited.
– FEMA is going out in impacted areas and registering individuals for disaster assistance. FEMA will ramp up these efforts.
– Red Cross is mobilizing 50 feeding trucks in the impacted areas and conducting damage assessments.
– The Fire Department is assessing damage and handing out bottled water. FEMA will ramp up those efforts.
– Debris is being removed from roadways however please proceed with caution.
– All Utilities crews are working to restore water however our systems were severely impacted and we will continue to provide updates.