North Oaks Urgent Care in Hammond to reopen Wednesday, Sept. 1
HAMMOND – North Oaks Urgent Care in Hammond will reopen on Wednesday, Sept. 1 with abbreviated hurricane recovery hours of 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
North Oaks Medical Center and North Oaks Rehabilitation Hospital remain open on full generator power.
With the exception of North Oaks Urgent Care in Hammond, all other outpatient services will remain closed Wednesday, Sept. 1, including:
- All North Oaks Clinics in Tangipahoa and Livingston parishes
- North Oaks Urgent Cares in Ponchatoula and Walker
- North Oaks Diagnostic Center
- North Oaks Drive-thru COVID-19 Testing
- North Oaks COVID Screening Hotline
- North Oaks-Livingston Parish Medical Complex
- North Oaks Outpatient Rehabilitation Services in Tangipahoa and Livingston parishes
- North Oaks Prescription Center located in the North Oaks Clinic Building
- North Oaks Surgery Center.
North Oaks School of Radiologic Technology will remain closed through Labor Day, Sept. 6.
The North Oaks team will work with all patients affected by outpatient facility closures to reschedule services and appointments as quickly as possible once outbound phone service is restored.
Also due to phone outages, hospital staff are unable to provide telephone updates to families of COVID-19 patients. As a workaround, families of COVID-19 patients hospitalized at North Oaks can email the patient’s full name to firstname.lastname@example.org, and staff will reply with an update on their loved one.
Hospitalized non-COVID-19 patients may have one visitor between the hours of 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. Visitors at both hospitals will be screened at the main entrance and required to stay in the patient’s room/with the patient at all times when visitation is permitted.
North Oaks officials remain in constant contact with parish and state officials as recovery from the storm begins.
HAMMOND — The following North Oaks Health System outpatient facilities and services will remain closed tomorrow, Tuesday, Aug. 31, and... read more