St. Charles Parish partners with Ochsner Health to bring COVID-19 Vaccinations to Region 3
Hahnville –St. Charles Parish President Matthew Jewell today joined with leaders from neighboring parishes to announce a partnership with Ochsner Health and St. Charles Parish Hospital that brings an indoor mass vaccination site to St. Charles Parish.
The vaccination site, located at the Edward A. Dufresne Community Center located at 274 Judge Edward Dufresne Pkwy, Luling, LA 70057, will service all of the River and Bayou Parishes. Temperature checks and masks will be required to enter the facility.
The first vaccination event will occur on Saturday, March 27, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Approximately 800 appointments are available on MyOchsner or by calling 844-888-2772. There are no costs associated with the vaccine.
“We are eager to partner with Ochsner and our local hospital, St. Charles Parish Hospital, on this mass vaccination site as it provides a crucial and valuable resource to St. Charles Parish residents, as well as residents in all of Region 3,” said President Matthew Jewell. “This is a big step towards returning to some sort of normalcy and I encourage all those who are eligilble to get vaccinated.”
When vaccination supply increases, Ochsner plans to use the Edward A. Dufresne Community Cetner to operate a mass vaccination site more regularly to inoculate hundreds of people a day. Additional days will be announced as they become available. For a full list of vaccination sites in St. Charles Parish, please visit the LDH website.
For those in need of transportation services to the location, please contact the River Parish Transit Authority at 985-651-1141. The rideshare program will run Saturday from 5:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Monday-Friday from 5:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. The fare to ride is $2 each way.
Eligible community members can make an appointment in the following ways:
- Existing MyOchsner users can log on to schedule.
- If you would like to setup a MyOchsner account, please visit Ochsner.org/myochsner.
- Call 844-888-2772.
- Ochsner’s call center is open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- You do not need to be a past or existing patient of Ochsner to receive the vaccine at this event or any of our vaccination sites.
When can I call or check MyOchsner to book my appointment?
- Appointments are now available.
- We encourage you to sign up quickly as availability is limited.
When will my second dose be scheduled?
- Community members will automatically be signed up to receive their second vaccine dose.
- Second doses will be administered on Saturday, April 17 at the same appointment time and same location as each patient’s first dose.
Who is eligible to receive the vaccine at this event:
- Eligible workers including but not limited to those who work in the following industries:
- Teachers and any support staff working onsite in K-12 or daycare
- Law enforcement and other first responders
- Hotels, restaurants, bars and other food service
- Grocery stores
- Media, IT and communications
- Waste management
- All people ages 65 and older
- People ages 16 and older with a high-risk medical condition
- A full list of eligibility criteria can be found at https://ldh.la.gov/covidvaccine/.
What should I bring?
Photo ID and insurance cards are not required but will speed up the registration process if you bring them along.
How long do these appointments take?
- Usually, patients are finished in about 25-45 minutes, including the 15-minute monitoring period following their vaccination.
- To make the process as quick as possible, we encourage you to complete your registration online in advance following the instructions sent to you upon booking your appointment.
Are other dates and vaccine appointments available?
- Ochsner continues to vaccinate community members across the state in its facilities and at community locations.
- We encourage community members to continue checking availability as new appointments across its system become available each week.
To learn more, please visit https://www.ochsner.org/vaccineinfo.
For more information regarding St. Charles Parish, please visit our website at www.stcharlesparish-la.gov, Cox Channel 6, UVerse Channel 99, or follow us on Facebook (@stcharlesgov) and Instagram (@stcharlesgovernment).
The St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office is seeking the public’s assistance in relation to a shooting investigation, which occurred on... read more