St. John Parish winter update #2
Monday, February 15 – 11 a.m.
- Parish President signed emergency declaration to allow Parish officials to take precautionary measures and ensure the safety of residents during the Winter Weather emergency.
- Winter Weather Advisory through 6:00 p.m.
- Hard Freeze Warning for Monday night.
- Wind Chill Watch for Monday night.
- Ice accumulation could result in dangerous travel conditions through Tuesday. Limit unnecessary travel and use extreme caution on roads.
- Take protections to protect people, plans, pets and pipes:
– People – Check on elderly neighbors, family & friends.
– Plants – Cover or bring plants inside.
– Pets – Bring pets inside.
– Pipes – Wrap exposed pipes. When temps near 32, run faucet furthest from meter with no more than a trickle of water.
- Heat safely. Please don’t use oven for heat
- Please don’t leave space heaters unattended.
- Never run a generator in an enclosed area.
- I-55 is closed between LaPlace and Ponchatoula. The Highway 51 low road is open.
- The Veterans Memorial Bridge in Gramercy is open for as long as conditions allow.
- Sunshine Bridge in Convent is closed.
- Road conditions are changing quickly. Dial 511 for latest.
- Metro Service Group has suspended garbage services for Monday and Tuesday due to weather conditions.
- To report an outage to Entergy, text OUT to 36778, download the Entergy App, call 800-9-OUTAGE
- Text SJPWeather to 888-777 for updates.
- Information also posted to sjbparish.com, Government Access Channel (15/99) and Facebook/Instagram.