Protect your presents from porch pirates
Published 12:00 am Saturday, December 19, 2020
BATON ROUGE – With home deliveries increasing, Attorney General Jeff Landry wants Louisiana consumers to help make their communities safer from porch thieves by following some quick tips:
- Ship packages to work or use the “ship-to-store” option. This allows for the packages to be picked up not left unsecured.
- Sign up for delivery alerts. This informs consumers when deliveries are scheduled and delivered.
- Ask trusted neighbors to hold your packages if you are not able to be home for deliveries.
- Require signatures for all deliveries when possible.
- Be good neighbors and look out for each other. If you see a package at your neighbors’ doorstep, call them and ask if they would like you to hold on to until they are home.
If you have a delivery stolen, AG Landry urges you to report it immediately to your local law enforcement. Also be sure to check with your neighbors to find out if they observed anything suspicious.
For more consumer tips and information, visit www.AGJeffLandry.com or call AG Landry’s Consumer Protection Hotline at 800-351-4889.