St. John issues information on Hurricane Zeta
- St. John is under Hurricane & Storm Surge Warnings. A Flood Watch is also in place.
- Zeta is speeding up and forecast to make landfall as a Category 2 hurricane in SE La.
- Expect strong tropical storm force winds with hurricane gusts up to 73 mph that could down power lines and trees and cause power outages, 4-6 inches of rain possible and storm surge of 3 – 5 feet.
- The Parish EOC will open a shelter of last resort at noon today for residents whose homes cannot withstand high winds.
- Residents in need of a shelter can go to the East St. John Preparatory Gymnasium located at 400 Ory Dr., LaPlace, LA 70068.
- Residents are responsible for their transportation to and from the shelter.
- Residents should bring anything they need including food, clothing, bedding, and medicine.
- For more information please contact the Emergency Operations Center at 652-2222.
- All preparations should be done immediately as conditions are forecast to deteriorate through the day.
- Please stay off roadways. Worst conditions Noon – 8:00 p.m.
- All St. John Parish Government Offices and the St. John the Baptist Parish Courthouse are closed Wednesday, October 28, 2020.
- All public, private and Catholic schools are closed Wednesday, October 28, 2020.
- Sjbparish.com, Government Access Channel (15/99), Facebook & Instagram.
- Text SJPWEATHER to 888-777.
You Might Like
LAPLACE — L’OBSERVATEUR administrative assistant Gary Wayne Dupré was “born at a very early age,” and he passed away the... read more