Serve up brunch with catfish & biscuits
The Catfish Institute celebrated National Catfish Month with 31 days of unique recipes as a salute to the hard work and innovations of everyone in the U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish industry. Please visit marketing.uscatfish.com to view more appetizing catfish recipes.
- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 1½ tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup celery, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ green bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 large button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 biscuits, cooked as directed
- SPRINKLE catfish with Cajun seasoning.
- PLACE large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil. When butter is melted and hot, add catfish. Cook 4 minutes, turn and cook another 4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- ADD onion, celery, bell peppers and mushrooms to skillet; cook 4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 2 more minutes. Add heavy cream, stirring to combine. Cook 4 minutes or until cream mixture has reduced by half. Season with hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- SPLIT biscuits and place on serving plate. Cut fillets in half; place one half on each split biscuit and spoon sauce over each.