A TRIO OF COMMUNITY BRIEFS:
Published 12:05 am Wednesday, August 26, 2020
The Department of Health and Human Services has postponed its USDA Surplus food distributions to St. John residents in advance of potential impacts from Hurricane Laura.
For more information about the commodities distributions in St. John Parish, please call 985-536-4955.
ONCE MORE, COUNCIL MEETING MOVED
The St. John the Baptist Parish Council meeting originally scheduled for August 25 then for September 2, has been moved AGAIN to 6:30 p.m. on Friday, August 28.
HURRICANE SEASON RESOURCES
- Call 211 for emergency/shelter information
- Call 511 or visit 511la.org for latest road closures
- Call 911 for emergencies
- Weather.gov for weather updates
- LSP.org or 800-469-4828 to reach State Police
- St. John Sheriff’s Office: 985-652-6338, 985-652-6339, 985-652-9940
- St. John Parish: Sjbparish.com; Sign up for alerts by clicking “Stay Connected” on the home page