Reserve man convicted of cocaine dealing gets five years
Published 12:13 am Saturday, April 21, 2018
NEW ORLEANS — A Reserve man was sentenced to five years in jail for his role in cocaine dealing, authorities said.
U.S. Attorney Duane A. Evans announced that 40-year-old Reshad Frank was sentenced Thursday for charges relating to narcotics trafficking.
Frank pleaded guilty Oct. 12 to conspiring to distribute and to possess with the intent to distribute a quantity of cocaine hydrochloride.
Judge Jane Triche Milazzo sentenced Frank to 60 months in the Bureau of Prisons, as well as three years of supervised release following imprisonment.
Through a press release, Evans praised the work of the St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Frank was indicted in 2016 as part of a group of suspects that included Troy Kendrick Jr., Travis Carter, Michael Sanders and Garrick Jones.
The Sheriff’s Office expanded the cases years back, reaching out to federal partners because more manpower and surveillance was needed.
At the time of the indictments, Sheriff Mike Tregre said the investigation “probably saved a life” and resulted in removing illegal guns off local streets.
According to the indictment, Kendrick, Jones, Carter, Sanders and Frank conspired to distribute crack.
Jones and Carter were also charged with retaliating against a witness for information provided to law enforcement.
The U.S. Department of Justice earlier said Jones, Frank and Carter previously pleaded guilty. Kendrick is still awaiting trial.