Early child applications being accepted
Published 1:29 pm Saturday, March 21, 2015
GARYVILLE — The St. John the Baptist Parish Early Childhood Community Network, consisting of school prekindergarten programs, Head Start and participating child care centers, are accepting applications for the 2015-16 school year.
There are five school-based pre-k programs in St. John and five participating child care providers: Little Leaders, Terence Child Care, Garden of Eden, Kinder Care Learning Center and Our Lady of Grace NSECD Program.
A child must be 4 by Sept. 30 to be eligible. Every child will qualify for one of the St. John the Baptist Parish School Board preschool programs regardless of income.
Applying early is recommended. Applications should be submitted in person at the St. John Child Development Center, 117 Stebbins St. in Garyville.
When applying, the following is needed:
• Income verification. Any of the following documents can be used to determine income: income tax form 1040 for the previous calendar year, W-2 statements for all working family members for the previous calendar year, recent pay stubs for all working family members, documentation showing current status/amount received from SSI/Social Security, foster care documentation, documentation of child support/alimony, documentation of unemployment compensation, written statement from current employer(s), written statement of family support from person supporting the child or income declaration form.
• Child’s birth certificate and Social Security card.
• Child’s medical insurance or Medicaid card.
• Documentation of child’s disability (IEP or IFSP), if applicable.
• Child’s immunization record.
• If parent is in school, verification from the school he or she is attending.
Children who are 3 by Sept. 30 are eligible to be placed on the Head Start waiting list.
For more information, call the St. John Child Development Center at 985-535-3917 or the Childcare Centers directly.