Keller: 2015 comes with 11 surefire predictions
I’ve taken the liberty to make the following predictions for the New Year:
1. Senator David Vitter will be elected governor of Louisiana.
2. Bobby Jindal will see the writing on the wall and not run for president. He will grow a beard and join the Duck Dynasty group.
3. St. John Parish President Natalie Robottom will have strong opposition. Former Councilman Charles Julien is running. Buddy Boe is sorting out feelings but can’t decide if he will live in St. Charles or St. John. Councilman Michael Wright is being encouraged to run and probably will. His slogan could be “If you think St. John’s on the wrong road — turn Wright.”
4. Sheriff Mike Tregre will have opposition that will surprise everyone, including him.
5. St. Charles Parish — what a difference when you cross parish lines. Sheriff Greg Champagne, if opposed, will be re-elected easily. So will Senator Gary Smith. Term limits will force Parish President V.J. St. Pierre Jr. to retire. Councilman Larry Cochran seems to be the frontrunner for that position and will be elected.
6. St. James Parish Sheriff Willy Martin, a true public servant, will be re-elected.
7. St. James Parish President Timmy Roussel will be rewarded with a second term because of his dedication, hard work and love for the parish.
8. River Parishes high schools will continue to be a force in all sports.
9. Tate Scioneaux will have a great year pitching for the Lions of Southeastern and will be drafted to play professional ball.
10. Dr. Carl Poche, his wife Myrrh, and all the Poche family are excited about Jared’s sophomore season with the LSU baseball team. It might be a good idea to plan to go to the College World Series.
11. The men who gather at the different coffee shops, especially at the Sandwich World in Lutcher and PJ’s in LaPlace, will continue to meet daily, talk about everything but change nothing.
Happy New Year!
If you have any questions, or comments, please write to Get High on Life, P.O. Drawer U, Reserve, LA 70084, call 985-652-8477 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.