Louisiana’s largest outdoor show starts tomorrow
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, March 12, 2014
The 35th annual Louisiana Sportsman Show, Louisiana’s largest outdoor show and boat show, will be held March 13-16 at the Lamar Dixon Expo Center in Gonzales.
Louisiana’s premier outdoor show, the Louisiana Sportsman Show will feature acres of boats, fishing and hunting equipment, ATVs, tractors and outdoor power equipment, and activities for the entire family.
Show highlights include:
• An indoor boat show featuring all the major boat brands and boat dealers from cities across Southeast Louisiana including Hammond, Houma, Thibodeaux, Morgan City, New Iberia, Lafayette and Denham Springs.
• Acres of fishing tackle and hunting gear for sale.
• An extensive display of ATVs and off-road vehicles.
• A dedicated tractor and outdoor power equipment area.
• The Louisiana Sportsman Big Buck Contest, displaying some of the largest bucks killed during the 2013-14 season in Louisiana, Mississippi and across the country.
• Splash Dogs, where participants can enter their dogs in dock diving competitions.
• A Kids Zone, with free admission to the show for kids on Sunday.
• A Yamaha ATV test track, where riders can test the newest Yamaha ATVs on an obstacle course.
• 3D archery area sponsored by Cabela’s.
• A bass tank, where pros will be giving regular seminars.
• The final-day weigh-in for the $35,000 Louisiana Bass Championship Open.
• Fishing and hunting outfitters from across the United States.
• An enlarged food court featuring three times the selection of last year.
Show hours are 2 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. on Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. Parking is free; admission is $10 for adults and $5 for children 12 and under.
For more information visit www.louisianasportsmanshow.com.