Poll finds many prefer to have cookouts this spring
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, April 4, 2012
By ROBIN SHANNON
LAPLACE – With warmer temperatures and longer days, the start of spring brings more opportunities for outdoor activities and if those activities involve food of some kind, residents of the River Parishes might be more inclined to participate.
Of all the options listed in this week’s L’Observateur online poll, more than 40 percent of those who responded opted for cookout or crawfish boil. The next closest vote getter, “gardening,” was only able to muster 22 percent.
Fishing and boating finished a surprising third with 16 percent, considering the plethora of fishing and boating outlets that dot the river region. More athletic activities, such as walking in the park or golf and other sports, received 10 percent or less.
A complete breakdown of results is as follows:
• 16 percent of respondents chose, “fishing/ boating.”
• 22 percent of respondents chose, “gardening.”
• 45 percent of respondents chose, “cookout/ crawfish boil.”
• 10 percent of respondents chose, “walk in the park.”
• 7 percent of respondents chose, “golf/other sports.”