Fire destroys Jacob’s smokehouse

Published 12:00 am Monday, April 26, 2010

By David Vitrano


LAPLACE – A fire broke out in the smokehouse at Jacob’s World Famous Andouille in LaPlace around 3:30 p.m. today.

Although firefighters managed to douse the flames within a relatively short amount of time, according to owner Aaron Lions, the smokehouse area is a total loss. The front building where the merchandise is sold, however, was virtually untouched by the blaze.

Amid instructing employees to save the merchandise, Lions said he plans to rebuild.

Look for more on the fire and future of Jacob’s Andouille in the Wednesday, April 28, edition of L’Observateur.