Ready to return to the playoffs, Saints set to open up training camp 2005 in Metairie
Published 12:00 am Monday, August 1, 2005
The Saints will once again hold their 2005 Training Camp at the club’s Metairie facility (5800 Airline Drive) starting on Friday, July 29. Here is a list of dates/times (subject to change) for the camp’s first two weeks along with general training camp fan information.
WHERE: Saints Training Facility (5800 Airline Drive; Metairie, La.)
PRACTICE TIMES: The Saints usually alternate one-a-day and two-a-day practice schedules through the majority of camp. If the team has one practice scheduled, it will run from 3-5 pm. On days in which two workouts are scheduled, the team will work from 9-11 am (open to the public) and in the evening (closed to the public). If a morning workout is marked as a “Walk Thru”, the team will only walk through plays for a period of less than an hour.
In case of inclement/threatening weather or extreme heat, outdoor practices can be moved to the Saints Indoor Facility on very short notice. A limited number of fans who enter the gates will receive a coupon which will admit them into the indoor facility should that become necessary. Changes to any daily schedule due to weather, heat, etc. will be posted on the Saints official web site as soon as notification is given by the Saints Football Operations staff.
TRAINING CAMP ADMISSION: Free
SCHEDULE: The schedule of training camp practices open to the public at the Saints facility in Metairie for the first two weeks of camp (additional dates to be announced; schedule subject to change):
2005 Saints Training Camp Practice Schedule
Saints Training Facility; Metairie, La.
(Only practices scheduled to be open to the public are listed; schedule subject to change)
Black & Gold Scrimmage & Preseason games in bold
All times Central
Sat., July 30: 9-11 am
Sun., July 31: 3-5 pm
Mon., Aug. 1: 9-11 am
Tue., Aug. 2: 3-5 pm
Wed., Aug. 3: 9-11 am
Thurs., Aug. 4: 3-5 pm
Sat., Aug. 6: BankPlus Black & Gold Scrimmage and Family Fan Fest (Jackson, Miss.) 7 pm
Mon., Aug. 8: 9 am (Walk Thru)
Tue., Aug. 9: 3-5 pm
Wed., Aug. 10: 9-11 am; 7:30-9:30 pm (evening practice at Hahnville HS)
Thurs., Aug. 11: 9 am (Walk Thru)
(Additional dates to be announced)
In addition, the Saints will hold an exclusive practice for 2005 Season Ticket Holders at the Louisiana Superdome on Monday, August 8 (7:30 pm).
AUTOGRAPHS: There will be autograph opportunities for fans at the conclusion of each practice (subject to weather and player availability). Please observe all directions given by Saints staff members during this period for both player and fan safety.
FAN GUIDELINES: Listed below are information and guidelines for fans visiting Saints Camp
– Gates will open 30 minutes before every public practice.
– Concessions and Saints merchandise will be available for purchase.
– Fans may bring snap-shot cameras, however NO video cameras will be allowed.
PROHIBITED ITEMS: The following items are prohibited at Saints Training Camp:
– Any type of beverages or food.
– Cans, bottles, coolers, or containers of any kind.
– Laser pens or laser products of any type.
– Oversized packages.
– Weapons, and contraband of any type.
– Animals and pets (except those assisting an ADA patron).
– Any other item(s) determined to be unacceptable by the New Orleans Saints.
– All bags are subject to search.
PARKING: Parking information for Saints Training Camp:
– Limited free parking is available in the New Orleans VooDoo lot adjacent to the Saints Facility.
– The New Orleans Zephyrs are offering parking for a fee in their Zephyr Field lots, adjacent to the Saints complex.
– There will be a drop-off area near the practice field and handicap accommodations will be available if necessary.
KEY NFL DATES: Here is a list of key NFL dates that occur during the Saints 2005 Preseason:
July 22: Signing period ends at 3 pm CT for unrestricted free agents who received June 1 tender.
Aug. 11-15: First full preseason weekend.
Aug. 30: Roster cutdown to maximum of 65 players (plus NFL Europe-exempted players).
Sept. 3: Roster cutdown to maximum of 53 players (all exemptions expire)
Sept. 4: Clubs may establish practice squad of eight players.