Bradley honored by judges, clerks
L’Observateur / April 22, 1998
NEW ORLEANS – Retired Judge C. William Bradley was honored recently bythe Fifth Circuit Judges Association at its first general meeting, held at Tony Angelo’s Restaurant.
The organization, formed in 1997, includes judges and clerks of court in St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist and Jefferson parishes.Bradley served as judge in the 29th and 40th Judicial Districts, as well as judge ad hoc for the 23rd and 24th Judicial Districts from 1959 to his retirement in 1984.
Prior to his first district judge election, he served as a judge in war crimes cases in Austria for four years following World War II.
He received a plaque at the recent dinner honoring his long-time, outstanding service on the bench. Presenting the plaque were Fifth CircuitCourt Judge Edward S. Dufresne Jr. and Judge Mary Hotard Becnel, each ofwhom worked with Bradley for many years. Dufresne worked as Bradley’sClerk of Court and Becnel as his court reporter in years past.
In his acceptance speech, Bradley expressed his enjoyment of his many years of service, and he referred to the differences between the urgent pressures of the war crimes trials and the many constitutional protections of state courts.
Return To News Stories