ALDI’s LaPlace store to open on October 20
Published 8:01 am Friday, October 7, 2022
ALDI plans to add 150 new stores, on track to become third-largest grocer
LAPLACE — ALDI, one of the country’s most trusted grocers,* is coming to LaPlace with food (and more) that the whole family will love, all at great prices. The new location at 1910 W. Airline Hwy is part of the company’s aggressive nationwide growth in recent years including the opening of 150 new stores this year, approximately 20 of which will be in Alabama, Mississippi, the Florida Panhandle and Louisiana.
The ALDI business model is intentionally different, and the result is a fast and affordable shopping experience. ALDI fans across the country rave about the company’s award-winning exclusive brands and weekly lineup of limited-time ALDI Finds. LaPlace shoppers can experience the ALDI difference themselves when the new LaPlace store opens October 20, 2022 at 9 a.m. The store will be open daily from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
To celebrate the new store, ALDI will host a Grand Opening ribbon-cutting ceremony on Thursday, October 20, 2022 at 9 a.m. The first 100 customers will receive a gift bag filled with a sampling of ALDI Fan Favorites products, as well as a gift card as part of the ALDI Golden Ticket gift card giveaway program. Shoppers will also have the opportunity to enter a sweepstakes for a chance to win a $500 ALDI gift card.
“Our stores are designed to make grocery shopping smarter, faster and easier, and we’ve been voted the price leader for five years running,” said Heather Moore, Division Vice President for ALDI. “We offer easy access to affordable fresh food and household essentials, as well as a great selection of regional items. Our new Gulf Coast locations will carry local favorites such as Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning, Crystal’s Hot Sauce, Blue Plate Mayonnaise, Blue Bell Ice Cream and Luzianne Sweet Tea.”
Here are just a few things that set ALDI apart:
- Low-price leader: Access to affordable groceries is important, and the company’s commitment to low prices is unwavering. In fact, the Dunnhumby Retailer Preference Index Report has ranked ALDI No. 1 on price for five years running.
- Quality: ALDI is so confident in its products, such as its fresh, organic produce delivered daily, that every item is backed by its Twice as Nice Guarantee.** If for any reason a customer is not 100% satisfied with the quality of a product, ALDI will gladly replace the product AND refund it.
- ALDI-exclusive products: ALDI sells mostly exclusive brands made by the best partners. LaPlace shoppers will find food for every taste and lifestyle (gluten-free, plant-based, dairy alternatives, etc.) along with an unbeatable cheese and wine selection. Shoppers will also discover weekly offerings of limited-time ALDI Finds like candles, delicious seasonal food, home goods and more.
- Shoppers participate in the savings: The savings start before customers enter the store. Depositing a quarter to unlock a shopping cart is one way ALDI saves shoppers money. ALDI doesn’t need to hire employees to corral loose carts, and customers get their quarter back when they return the cart.
- Commitment to sustainability: ALDI asks shoppers to bring reusable bags and recently announced a new commitment to eliminate all plastic shopping bags from stores by the end of 2023 — a sustainable policy that will lead to savings passed on to customers. ALDI also uses green electricity to cover 100% of our energy consumption, and has donated over 33 million pounds of food through our partnership with Feeding America. To learn more about how ALDI is making sustainability affordable, please visit this link.
- Online shopping and curbside pickup: Customers want convenient shopping options, which is why nearly all ALDI locations offer grocery delivery, and Curbside Grocery Pickup is expanding to 1,500 stores by the end of 2022.*** Visit shop.aldi.us to place an order.
- Store size: ALDI stores are designed for simplicity and efficiency, packed with the products shoppers love. A typical ALDI store is approximately 12,000 square feet of retail space, making it easier to shop than oversized grocery stores.
- Work with ALDI: ALDI is an award-winning employer that is nationally acclaimed for prioritizing its employees and their well-being. Known for offering highly competitive wages and industry-leading benefits, ALDI has been recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes six times in the past seven years. As one of the fastest-growing retailers in the U.S., ALDI is constantly creating new jobs in local communities, coast to coast. To learn more about working at ALDI and search job openings, go to careers.aldi.us.
About ALDI U.S.
ALDI is one of America’s fastest-growing retailers, serving millions of customers across the country each month. With 2,200 stores across 38 states, ALDI is on track to become the third-largest grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. When it comes to value, ALDI won’t be beat on price. ALDI has also been No. 1 for price according to the Dunnhumby Retailer Preference Index Report for five years running. Since 1976, ALDI has offered a unique shopping experience where customers never have to compromise on quality, selection or value. In fact, 1 in 3 ALDI-brand products are award-winning.**** Customers can save time and money by conveniently shopping in-store or online at shop.aldi.us. ALDI also proudly serves as a Feeding America Leadership Partner, donating 30 million pounds of food each year in an effort to end hunger in America. For more information about ALDI, visit aldi.us.