Libraries deliver spooky fun in October
Published 3:21 pm Saturday, September 24, 2022
St. John the Baptist Parish Libraries will host a plethora of programs for the month of October. “Outdoor Story Time” will be held at local parks in the parish at 1 p.m. Here is the schedule:
- Wednesday, October 5 at Belle Pointe Park in Reserve
- Wednesday, October 12 at LaPlace Park in LaPlace (right across from LaPlace Elementary School)
- Wednesday, October 19 at Juan Anthony Joseph Memorial Park in Edgard
- Wednesday, October 26 at REGALA Park in Reserve
“Story Time” will be held for children, ages 0 and up, every Tuesday at the Edgard Library, every Wednesday at the Reserve Library, and every Thursday at the Garyville Library at 10:30 a.m. This weekly program is a time for young children and their parents or caretakers to interact in a comfortable setting. Each session will include stories, songs, rhymes, finger plays and other activities.
An “Adult Craft Night” will be held at all library branches at 5:30 p.m. Patrons are invited to make an Autumn Welcome Sign. Here is the schedule:
- Wednesday, October 12 at the Edgard Library
- Wednesday, October 19 at the Garyville Library
- Wednesday, October 26 at the Reserve Library
Patrons of all ages are invited to all three of our library locations to celebrate Halloween. Grab and go bags will be available all month long.
Children, ages 0-5 activities will include:
- Coffee Filter Ghost Lollipop
- Dubi’s Monster Maker
- Foam Pumpkin
- Halloween Bat Candy Tube
- Halloween Creation Station
- Halloween Ghosts
- Halloween Pumpkin Keepsake
- Paper Bag Halloween City
- Pool Noodle Monster
- Spider Topper
Teen activities will include:
- DIY Halloween Mug
- Halloween Pin
- Halloween Would You Rather
- Spooky Tree
There will also be a variety of passive and virtual programs; ranging from Halloween Makeup Tutorials to Scholarship Highlights for college students.
For a full list of all programs, please refer to our online calendar on our website, or pick up a newsletter at any of our branches. I hope you all can attend some of the spectacular programs offered at St. John the Baptist Parish Libraries.
Kearston M. Poché is the communications director for St. John the Baptist Parish Libraries. For more information, please call 985-536-4107.