Dept. of Transportation and Development Announces Bid Results for Statewide Projects
Published 2:53 pm Thursday, May 26, 2022
“With three separate lettings, May has been an extremely busy month as far as project bids go and represents a large investment in our state’s infrastructure,” said DOTD Secretary Shawn D. Wilson, Ph.D. “Two projects alone this month involve $120.5 million in improvements. There will be major undertakings to replace the I-10 overpass above U.S. 165 and the Union Pacific Railroad in Calcasieu and Jefferson Davis parishes, and to rehabilitate the Intracoastal Waterway Gulf Outlet Bridge in Orleans Parish.”
The projects and their apparent low bids are as follows:
Bridge Replacement and Repair:
- Replacement of Cal Rd. and Moss Side Ln. bridges in East Baton Rouge Parish: $2,850,464.68
- Replacement of bridge over Bayou Boeuf on Oak Hall Rd. in Avoyelles Parish: $1,687,233.50
- Replacement of I-10 overpass over U.S. 165 and Union Pacific Railroad in Calcasieu and Jefferson Davis parishes: $75,743,553.78
- Replacement of Bayou Chenal and Bayou Discharge bridges on LA 413 in Pointe Coupee Parish: $7,294,692.15
- Replacement of LA 835 creek bridges in Morehouse Parish: $4,958,228.85
- Replacement of McManus Road bridge over Cypress Creek in Richland Parish: $2,495,880.20
- Rehabilitation of Intracoastal Waterway Gulf Outlet Bridge on LA 47 in Orleans Parish: $44,772,305.00
- Milling and overlay on LA 86 between LA 3242 and LA 347 in Iberia Parish: $7,542,632.40
- Milling, patching, and overlay on LA 112 between LA 399 and LA 113 in Beauregard Parish: $3,718,095.40
- Grading, milling, patching, paving, and drainage on LA 789 between Preston Rd. and LA 169 in Caddo Parish: $2,773,644.65
- Milling, patching, overlay, and drainage on LA 31 between LA 92 and LA 96 in St. Martin Parish: $5,253,645.40
- Grading, milling, patching, overlay, and drainage on Finks Hideaway Rd. between Barkley Dr. and Bayou Oaks Dr. in Ouachita Parish: $4,644,918.23
- Grading, milling, patching, overlay, striping, and drainage on LA 648 between LA 20 and LA 1 in Lafourche and Terrebonne parishes: $2,075,550.23
- Grading, milling, patching, paving, signalization, striping, and drainage on LA 3021 between LA 39 and U.S. 90 in Orleans Parish: $6,495,168.26
- Grading, milling, patching, and overlay on Yellow Jacket Blvd. in Livingston Parish: $464,425.95
Congestion Mitigation and Safety:
- Roundabout construction on U.S. 190B at Jefferson Ave. in St. Tammany Parish: $2,045,989.35
- Flashing yellow arrows installation throughout Ascension, Assumption, Iberville, and St. James parishes: $3,497,982.89
- Striping on I-20 between U.S. 79 and LA 371 in Webster Parish: $654,830.00
- Acceleration lane construction on U.S. 171 at Cryer Rd. in Vernon Parish: $810,036.30
- Emergency ditch culvert and catch basin cleaning in Jefferson Parish: $645,255.00
When bids for projects are received, an “apparent low bidder” is identified, although the process of actually finalizing and awarding the contract takes about 30 days. Bids deemed outside of a certain range typically trigger a more extensive review. DOTD will continue to monitor increases in bid prices related to supply chain and workforce issues. After a review, DOTD may opt to have the project re-bid.
Construction projects are prioritized by road/bridge condition, urgency of improvements, type/volume of traffic, crash records, unforeseeable emergencies that caused damage, and several other factors.
For more information about these projects, please visit www.dotd.la.gov.
For more information, please visit www.dotd.la.gov, email email@example.com, or call DOTD’s Customer Service Center at (225) 379-1232 or 1-877-4LADOTD (1-877-452-3683). Business hours are 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please let us know how we may better serve you: Customer Service Survey.