Coast Guard suspends search for 3 missing minors near Crescent City Bridge in New Orleans
Published 6:27 am Monday, April 25, 2022
NEW ORLEANS — The Coast Guard suspended its search for three missing minors near the Crescent City Connection Bridge at 7:33p.m. Sunday in New Orleans.
Missing is a 15-year-old male, 14-year-old female and 8-year-old female last seen entering the water Saturday evening near the Crescent City Connection Bridge.
“The decision to suspend any search and rescue case is never easy but considering the extensive search efforts of our Coast Guard men and women, in conjunction with other response agencies, I’ve made the difficult decision to suspend our active search for the three children,” said Capt. Kelly Denning, Coast Guard Sector New Orleans commander. “Our prayers are with the families during this difficult time.”
Rescue crews searched more than 93 miles along the Mississippi River with a combined 55 total hours.
Rescue crews involved in the search were:
- A Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans MH-65 Dolphin helicopter crew
- Two Coast Guard Maritime Safety and Security Team New Orleans boatcrews
- The Coast Guard Cutter Sawfish crew
- Coast Guard Station New Orleans boatcrew
- Coast Guard Station Venice boatcrews
- New Orleans Police and Fire Departments
- Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office
- St, Bernard Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness