Health & Human Services assists with energy bills, COVID-19 impacts
Published 12:01 am Saturday, January 8, 2022
LAPLACE — The St. John the Baptist Parish Department of Health & Human Services is once again offering its Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) to assist residents who need help paying their Entergy bill.
St. John Parish residents with an active Entergy account who haven’t received assistance in November may qualify. All interested residents should call Health and Human Services at 985-536-4955. Funds are limited; apply today.
The following outlined benefits are required:
- Income for one month or four consecutive check stubs
- Utility bill (heating/cooling)
- Social Security cards for everyone living in the household
- SNAP recipients must present household electronic notice from (DCFS) Department of Children and Family Services
- Self-employed applicants must provide recent Federal Income Tax return and attached schedules
- Termination records: If applicant is recently terminated or laid off
- ID picture/ Driver’s License – If your ID does not match your Entergy service location address, you must submit another utility bill and another bill including lease agreement or rent receipt to show vulnerability.
|Size of Household||Monthly Income|
The Department of Health & Human Services is also offering COVID-19 assistance funded under the CSBG Cares Act to qualifying families affected directly or indirectly by COVID-19.
Services offered include:
- Food Assistance
- Utility Assistance
- Medication Assistance
- Elderly Assistance
- Transportation Assistance
- Rental/Mortgage Assistance
- Tuition and School Uniform Assistance
Please call 985-536-4955 for more information.