Winn-Dixie debuts new Gramercy store following Hurricane Ida closure
Published 3:09 pm Monday, December 13, 2021
GRAMERCY – After closing its doors four months ago due to damage sustained by Hurricane Ida, Winn-Dixie will officially reopen its Gramercy store to the local community on Wednesday, Dec. 15 to support customers as they continue to recover from the effects of the storm. The new Gramercy Winn-Dixie store will celebrate with a ribbon cutting ceremony beginning at 7:30 a.m. at the store, located at 1803 Highway 3025 in Gramercy.
Winn-Dixie has been a part of Louisiana for 65 years and the grocer is committed to being there for its neighbors and associates in times of need. During the grand opening ceremony, Winn-Dixie will donate $5,000 to the Gramercy Police Department to support the hometown heroes who keep the local community safe and provide holiday meals to 65 local families rebuilding after the hurricane. Additionally, as a token of appreciation to its store team who weathered the storm with the local community, Winn-Dixie will give each associate a gift card to go toward their holiday meals and provide extra holiday support to the 26 associates who were severely impacted by Hurricane Ida.
Anthony Hucker, President and CEO of Southeastern Grocers, said, “The lasting effects of Hurricane Ida are still felt throughout the entire community as many homes and businesses were impacted from the devastation, including our Gramercy Winn-Dixie store. After four months of extensive repairs and improvements, we are proud to debut our brand-new store, which showcases enhancements and features with the unique needs of this community in mind. Winn-Dixie has been deeply rooted in Louisiana for more than six and a half decades and we remain steadfastly committed to the resilient people that make this state a renowned treasure.”
The grand opening ceremony will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 15 at 7:30 a.m. at the new Gramercy Winn-Dixie store and will include an official ribbon cutting, remarks by Mayor Steve Nosacka and Winn-Dixie representatives, a $5,000 donation check presentation to Gramercy Police Department, giveaways and DJ entertainment. The first 100 customers to arrive by 8 a.m. will receive a free mystery gift card valued between $5 and $250.
To further show appreciation for the community’s continued support of the Gramercy store and to celebrate its reopening, Winn-Dixie will host a weekend-long socially distanced community celebration with live entertainment and giveaways. On Saturday, Dec. 18 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., there will be $100 gift card raffles every hour and a special drawing at 1 p.m. for a chance to win a Green Egg Smoker. The festivities will continue on Sunday, Dec. 19 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. with another special drawing at 4 p.m. for a chance to win a Yeti cooler, as well as more opportunities to win prizes, such as bottle openers, koozies, pot holders and much more. The weekend community celebration is free and open to all.
With a new concept and features, customers will immediately notice enhancements throughout the new and improved Gramercy store, including:
- New façade signage and a fresh, contemporary color palate and modern store signage inside.
- Newly updated produce department featuring an expanded selection of fresh fruits and vegetables, including organic varieties, and convenient grab-and-go fresh selections.
- New deli with expanded offerings, including a wide assortment of easy lunch and dinner options including a hot bar with rotisserie chicken, wing bar with several flavors, as well as prepared sandwiches and salads.
- Expanded bakery department with new self-service doughnuts and bread selections made fresh daily.
- Refreshed meat department offering a wide selection of fresh meats, including premium angus beef selections.
- Expanded full-service seafood department offering shoppers a variety of fresh seafood on ice, additional frozen seafood assortments, as well as the “Seafood Made Easy” option where customers can choose the type of seafood, vegetables and seasoning to be packaged together for easy preparation at home.
- New health and beauty section with expanded offerings.
- An in-store pharmacy with expert pharmacists available to answer any questions regarding health and prescriptions and a consultation area for comfortable, private immunizations, including the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Improved and expanded wine, beer and liquor section.
- Updated floral department to help customers find the perfect bouquet for any occasion.
- Expanded grocery selection with additional products and assortments.
- A continued commitment to fresh quality and outstanding service.
As communities along the Gulf Coast faced the aftermath of Hurricane Ida, Winn-Dixie supported neighbors in need with a mobile pharmacy in the parking lot of the Gramercy Winn-Dixie store. The in-store pharmacy will re-open Dec. 15 with the grand opening celebration. The new and improved Gramercy Winn-Dixie store is open seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., and the pharmacy is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Winn-Dixie remains committed to its continued investment in the communities it serves while following local, state and federal guidelines. The grocer encourages customers to practice social distancing and wear masks while enjoying the new store. Winn-Dixie appreciates the flexibility, kindness and respect for other shoppers and associates shown by its customers, and asks for their continued cooperation to keep communities safe and slow the spread of coronavirus.
Founded in 1925, Winn-Dixie grocery stores, liquor stores and in-store pharmacies serve communities throughout five southeastern states – Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi. Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. is a subsidiary of Southeastern Grocers, which is one of the largest supermarket chains based in the Southeast. For more information, please visit www.winndixie.com and www.segrocers.com.