ESJH issues distance learning plan for quarantined students
RESERVE — During this unprecedented time, ongoing learning remains essential for scholars. In the event that a student has to be quarantined, scholars will utilize an online learning program known as TEAMS to access material and instructional activities to engage in high quality teaching and learning. Students in ninth through 12th grade will have access to computers in order to engage with instructional learning materials.
In the event a student must be quarantined, please follow the instructions below:
- Call the school regarding a computer pick-up date and time. Once arrangements with the school have been made, the school will issue pick-up instructions.
- Once a computer has been issued to the student, the student is responsible for logging into TEAMS to check for daily teacher assignments in all subject areas. TEAMS will be updated every Monday with assignments posted for the week.
- Assignments: Weekly assignments will be accessed through the TEAMS platform. The student is responsible for accessing and completing all assignments posted on TEAMS in a timely manner.
- Each class will also be using an online learning program called Edmentum. This will supplement classroom instruction.
- Please note that scholars will be issued paper packs to support learning if laptops are not available.
Parent Instructional Supports
The following are some guidelines or helpful hints to help parents/guardians support scholars with virtual learning.
- Limit distractions – You should limit their use of devices, other than what is needed to complete their work, until their schoolwork is done.
- Provide a space to learn – Your scholar will achieve their best work in a quiet, comfortable and dedicated space that is strictly devoted to learning.
- Establish Routines and Procedures – Routines and schedules are extremely important for scholars at school, and this is no different for at-home school. Scholars will function best if they maintain their routine as close to normal as possible. Setting timeframes similar to those they would encounter at school can be helpful for keeping them on a schedule.
Weather: St. John is currently under Hurricane & Storm Surge Warnings and Flash Flood Watch Ida is projected to make landfall... read more